If you are feeling run down, sluggish, heavy and out of shape you would probably benefit from a body cleansing detox. Cleansing helps to get rid of toxins that are the underlying cause of minor health problems and more serious conditions like cancer, chronic fatigue syndrome, fibromyalgia, diabetes, heart disease, MS and depression.
Thousand of harmful substances get into your body from the air, food, water, clothes, personal care products, your home and workplace. Toxins disrupt the the normal flow of energy and function of the body. They lead to inflammation, a process that has been linked to cancer, heart disease and other chronic ills.
Cleansing your body can get rid of the toxins so your body can heal itself. It is designed to repair itself provided it has the right materials and energy to do it. If you want to regain your health or prevent problems in the future making changes now can make it happen. Changing your diet and lifestyle to take in fewer toxins will allow cleansing to begin naturally.
When you take in healthy food and drinks you will nourish your body with the vital nutrients it needs to become stronger. When it does, it uses the extra energy to cleanse and detox. Your body has the natural ability to detox but it becomes overwhelmed with the amount and type of toxins found in our modern world.
Trying to treat symptoms with drugs is only masking the the underlying problem and adding toxicity. Very often one medication is needed to relieve the side effects of another. Frequently they stop working and stronger ones are needed so the person ends up taking more and more
The build up of toxins in the body is hardly ever considered by most mainstream doctors to be a contributor of chronic symptoms and disease. Lack of symptoms does not necessarily mean that you have no toxins. Everyone harbors toxins. There is no escape.
Cleansing does not have to be something radical. The use of simple foods and juices can work wonders. Your body cannot function when it is fed with toxic fats, chemicals from water and food, pesticides and sugar. Lack of nutrients and enzymes prevent it working as it should.
Whether you want to get rid of niggling symptoms or if you are trying to heal a chronic condition, cleansing is essential to health and longevity.
Benefits of Cleansing
- More energy
- Better digestion
- Healthier hair, skin and nails.
- Freedom from joint and muscle pain,
- No headaches
- Less frequent colds and flu.
- Reduced risk for chronic disease.
- Mental clarity and a sense of well being.
- Fewer from food cravings.
- Better sleep
Here are the 10 steps to a body cleansing detox:
1. Clean up you act. Stop eating processed foods, refined foods, foods with additives, fatty meat, fried food, junk food, pasteurized milk, caffeinated drinks, soft drinks with high fructose corn syrup, sodas, and alcohol. Use only natural products in your home and on your body.
3. Drink 6 – 8 glasses of pure water a day to help your body move toxins through your body and out through the normal systems of elimination.
4. Eat mainly fresh organic fruit and vegetables and their juices during a cleanse. Your body will naturally become more acidic while cleansing and most fruit and vegetables are alkaline forming. Have broths and soups which are warming and easy to digest.
5. Eat leafy greens like spring greens, dark salad leaves, watercress, turnip greens, kale, collards, and beet greens that are rich in chlorophyll, an excellent cleanser. Include top detox foods: broccoli, cabbage, Brussels sprouts, beet, celery, radish, turmeric, dill seeds, caraway seeds.
6. Avoid meat, gluten and dairy products. They are very acid forming and hard to digest. If you choose to eat meat then eat only a little organic meat or poultry. A little white fish is acceptable if low in mercury. Eat vegetarian sources of protein instead – whole grains, with beans and lentils, nuts and seeds.
7. Add fermented foods like kefir and fermented (cultured) vegetables. They are easy to digest and a great source of good bacteria, enzymes, vitamins, minerals and amino acids. The healthy bacteria help to keep the bowel clean.
8. Get some gentle exercise like walking, yoga, t’ai chi. They are good for detox as they encourage deep breathing, boost blood and lymph flow. The best time to go for a brisk walk is first thing in the morning after your first glass of water with lemon juice and then again in the evening before dinner, The movement helps stimulate the digestive tract. Do some stretching
afterwards. Try to get a massage too.
9. Get enough rest and sleep and avoid stress. Cleansing takes energy, and you might be more tired in the first few days.
10. Support your body cleansing detox with a good liver support supplement. When cleansing your cells needs a ready supply of antioxidants, phytonutrients, fatty acids, specific vitamins, minerals and amino acids to cleanse themselves. Look for one that contains silymarin (Milk thistle), artichoke, Dandelion Root extract and amino acids.
When you first start to cleanse, you might get a few detox symptoms. You could feel like you have a cold or the flu, get a headache, bloating, have skin eruptions, increased body odor, or feel tired. You could find that some symptoms you are trying to eliminate become more severe. This is a temporary reaction and should pass in a few days. Taking a liver support supplement really does help to minimize this.
To get the best results from a body cleanse detox it should last for 7 – 14 days. It can seem like a lifetime but instead of viewing it as a hardship look at it as a holiday for your body. My 14 Day Recharge and Energising Detox Plan is tasty and effective and has been tailored to fit in with your lifestyle. Try it now.