Whether you are trying to lose those last ten pounds, firm up a bit just to look that much better in your favorite outfit, or are embarking on a large weight loss adventure to change your life, there is no single recipe for getting that weight off. However, there are at least 7 natural ingredients that can help make your weight loss adventure just a bit easier and more effective.
- White Kidney Bean Extract. This extract has been shown to delay digestion and absorption of carbs by blocking the enzyme that helps break them down (Uzoma, 2015). This means that more carbs may pass through your system undigested, allowing you to get away with a few carbs here and there without impacting your waist line.
- Saffron Extract. This is a natural spice used in cooking around the world, most commonly in India, Persia and throughout Europe. Dr. Oz extolls the virtues of saffron in weight loss, indicating that it can help with appetite control and compulsive eating (as cited in Sieczkowski, 2012); it simply reduces the urge that one has to eat, which should in turn reduce that person’s calorie intake. Saffron can be taken as part of bulk vitamins supplementation or through diet.
- Ashwagandha. This is a root and fruit commonly used in Indian Ayurvedic practice to help with stress and emotional calming. Due to its ability to calm difficult emotions it is also used to aid weight management, specifically by evening out emotions and helping to control stress eating and thus limit calorie intake.
- Raspberry Ketones. These ketones are naturally found in raspberries and can be ingested by eating the berries or taking a supplement. They have been extolled as a weight loss miracle as they may increase metabolism. While there have been no clinical studies on this yet, eating raspberries is always a benefit as they are low in calories but high in antioxidants, fiber, vitamin C and more!
- Green Coffee Bean Extract. Green coffee means unroasted beans. These beans are high in chlorogenic acid, a compound that famous Dr. Oz himself, in his own tests, found to be extremely beneficial in helping to burn calories.
- Green Tea Extract. Green tea has been clinically shown to increase fat burning and metabolism in animal and human studies (Kelly, n.d.)
- Low-Carb Protein Shake. Protein shakes have been used by body builders for decades to provide a satisfying meal that gives protein for muscle building and energy, but minimizes fat producing carbs.
When it comes to losing weight, there is no magic bullet, nothing that will help everyone lose exactly how much they want, fast. Not all of these natural weight loss helpers have been clinically proven effective, though millions of people swear by how effective they are. But when used as just a part of a healthy diet and emotional commitment to achieving a healthy weight they can be very effective.
The truth is that there are many easy to use, natural ingredients and habits, such as those presented here, which can be an effective part of any weight loss attempt. So hit the health food store or start shopping online and stock up on some of the above products today.
Good luck reaching your health goals!
Kelly, J. (n.d.). Drinking green tea may help you lose weight. Retrieved from, http://www.webmd.com/diet/20000322/drinking-green-tea-may-help-you-lose-weight
Sieczkowski, C. (2012). Saffron extract benefits: 6 reasons why Dr. Oz’s natural weight loss aid can work for you. Retrieved from, http://www.ibtimes.com/saffron-extract-benefits-6-reasons-why-dr-ozs-natural-weight-loss-aid-can-work-you-413820
Uzoma, K. (2015). Is white kidney bean extract good for weight loss? Retrieved from, http://www.livestrong.com/article/489309-is-white-kidney-bean-extract-good-for-weight-loss/
Contributed by Joseph Green :
Joseph Green pursues a deep knowledge of natural herbs that help in solving various health problems. He keeps writing about various daily health healing stuff like natural energy supplements.