Cleansing and detoxing may be a current trending topic, but it’s not a new idea. Not to your body anyway. Every day the body cleans itself by using the colon, liver and kidneys, lymphatic system, skin, and lungs to detoxify. On the cellular level, regeneration is always occurring.
If our body is detoxing on an ongoing basis, then why do we experience sluggishness? Just as you might get tired and overworked from your 9-5 job, your body also suffers, and when it doesn’t get proper nutrients, the situation worsens. Sometimes we need to cleanse through diet to give the natural process a boost. One of the best and easiest ways to do this is through juicing.
There are a number of benefits to physical, mental, and spiritual health by drinking fresh juice daily. A juice cleanse works efficiently well at detoxing and also helps reset the body systems on the cellular and metabolic level. In this way, the entire body benefits. Here are some of the benefits:
1. Juicing speeds up and enhances the release of harmful toxins in the colon. No fiber remains in juice that has been extracted. The nutrients are simply absorbed into the bloodstream. Without much for the colon to digest, it sets to work on getting rid of stored up toxins in the digestive tract.
2. With a recharged bloodstream, metabolism becomes recharged and begins operating at an optimum level giving you more energy.
3. Vegetables contain antioxidants, beta-carotene, and essential fatty acids which aid the liver in breaking down fats, balance glucose levels, and filter the blood. We often talk about cleansing the colon, but assisting the liver may be one of the most important aspects and benefits of juice cleansing.
4. Often people experience a flatter stomach and weight loss. Though limited calorie intake and flushing of excess liquids is the main reason, weight loss can be continued by maintaining a healthful diet including raw foods and a periodic juice cleanse.
5. Noticeable improvement in conditions that are chronic. Toxins cause many problems in the body such as chronic fatigue syndrome, arthritis, and constipation. With these eliminated, these problems may improve greatly.
6. Better sleep. Our bodies can hold stress, not just our emotional states. Stress can exacerbate sleeping problems. A fully functioning body system releases stress to help provide you with a good night’s sleep.
Though capable of detoxifying itself, the body can be assisted through a juice cleanse. The process works at the microscopic levels, but you’ll experience optimized health in physical and mental ways.