Herbal detoxes are one of the most complicated health remedies. However, many natural health concerns claim that many detox drinks help our body eliminate toxic ingredients, reduce sugar levels in our body, and promote weight loss. Herbal detoxes are beverages that are enriched with various herbs. The duration of these detoxes is mainly used for the short term, i.e., 4-15 days. However, these support our bodies daily.
Detoxification: The process
The detoxification treatment for every patient is different; hence detoxification treatment is given to the addicted patient in a customized way. Detoxification involves three distinct steps:
- Analysis: the medical team observes every aspect of the patient regarding physical and mental health. The doctors make blood tests to calculate the amount of drug in the patient’s body, which helps determine the level of medications required in the body. The term of the treatment is also evaluated on this basis.
- Maintaining: the next step is maintaining a balance in the patient’s body with medications and psychological treatments. The doctors can provide medications to treat addiction and further prevent the complication due to the withdrawal of the drug from the body. This step eliminates the risk of harm to the patient’s body.
- Treatment: the final step of the detox program is the preparation of the treatment program; doctors are aware of the patients of the therapy and build expectations inside them. The rehabs offer the best detox treatment to the patients.
Detoxification: Side Effects:
Detoxification can be painful and dangerous as well. Herbal Medical detoxification for addiction is a supervised treatment of removing the toxins from the body by preventing the life-threatening complications caused by alcohol and drug withdrawal. Drugs are most dangerous to detox from the body; the medications required include benzodiazepines and alcohol. The medicines that discomfort the body to the maximum extent are opioids especially present in heroin. Some of the most common drawbacks of detoxifications are:
- Anxiety or nervousness.
- Lack of proper sleep.
- Difficulty in concentrating.
- Infinite mood swings.
- Discomforts in the body.
Natural supplements to support detoxification:
If you are figuring your way out with addiction, the first step in quitting that addiction habit is to detoxify your body from the toxic elements. However, eliminating toxins from your body has a drawback with detox because it excruciating and discomforts the body. Therefore, addiction detox treatment should be taken under medical supervision. However, with the help of natural detoxifiers, such as charcoal, turmeric, and ginger, our body gently detoxifies without providing much discomfort to the body.
Many countless herbal supplements can help us out with detoxification, do not overload your body to cleanse the chemicals within. Here are some natural supplements that can ease your path to detoxification:
- Charcoal: activated charcoal is considered the best treatment for detoxifying as it helps absorb toxins from the body. With the help of activated charcoal, we can reduce the pressure on our liver while binding the toxins. The liver works hard during the detox process, and activated charcoal provides the extra care that your liver deserves at the time of detoxification.
- Licorice: licorice gives a boost to the adrenals and also helps in reducing the post-detox effects. If detox is hard on you, that means the addiction has been hard on your adrenal glands. And the constant use of stimulating drugs are responsible for releasing stress hormones and can cause harmful effects in the body.
- Ginger: Ginger is a superfood for detoxification because ginger produces an enzyme called gingerol, which has anti-nausea and anti-inflammation quality, which reduces discomfort during detox.
- Turmeric: inflammation is one of the critical issues we face during a herbal detox, especially for patients addicted to pain relievers; the anti-inflammation quality of turmeric can help reduce the pain without introducing any pain killer body. While you try to quit the chemicals, you need not boost your body with artificial detox. This is the beginning of the new phase of your life that would be much greater on your body.
The process of detoxification is your first step towards your journey of a healthy and simple life. Medical detox is a safe way of managing the withdrawal of those toxins from addicts. But, unfortunately, there are many misconceptions about the detox due to the myths and misinformation:
- You can detox your body alone: quitting or immediately quitting addictive substances can result in harmful consequences. The success rate of leaving alone is not more than 5%, and the chances of relapses also increase when you decide to detox alone.
- Detoxes are painful: there are painful withdrawal symptoms. The pain depends on both the length and the use of drugs. During supervised medical detox, professionals can help you out with discomfort or any other symptom associated with the withdrawal of toxins.
- Detoxification is sober: even if you undergo a fully supervised detox at rehab, you still need to learn how to cope up with the cravings, emotions, and mental control that are accompanied by addiction. Else the chances of addiction reverting increase. To ensure complete recovery, you need to undergo residential treatment and out care.
The four facts about addiction recovery focus on the body’s overall wellness, which permanently eliminates toxins and recovers for a healthy life.
- Detox treats the whole person
- Detox centers go beyond the basics of the rehab
- Detox is more of a natural way as compared to any other treatments.
- The process of detoxification is not affected by any religion and its causes.
Detoxification Is the withdrawal of necessary toxins. The aim is to begin a natural process of healing that can ease discomfort. The entire body cost of rehab includes all the basics such as detox, therapies, medications, etc.